Sunday, September 27, 2020

at the Hotel Grand

I've broken with tradition to get a room at a slightly easier-to-find motel called the Hotel Grand.  (It bills itself as a hotel, but trust me: it's just a motel.)  Gotta say, I like my room's bed, which has a nice, firm mattress.  The place is slightly more expensive than the Techno at W50,000 for a single night, but I don't mind paying a bit more for decent accommodations.

I'll be sleeping in about an hour, then waking up around 4 a.m. so I can be out the door by 4:30 and subway-ing out to the coast by 5. It's a 2.2-km walk from where I get off the subway to the west coast, where sits the official beginning of the Four Rivers trail. Before that, it's a 3-km walk from my hotel to Geomam Station down the street. That makes tomorrow a bit of a brutal day at 35 km, but I'll survive. 

I didn't eat anything today except for a bit of ice cream. I'm sure to be ravenous tomorrow, when the day's walk is done, but I'm going to try to hold back on soda and snacks. 

No video recording tonight, but I'll bid you adieu and hope you're there in the morning to follow my misadventures.



5 comments:

kiminhaillustration said...

This article sounds like a hotel California lyric.
Please come back soon. I think the company will be cold while you're away.
-Ian Kim-

Kevin Kim said...

하하~댓글을 남겨 주셔서 감사합니다! 제가 없는 동안 분위기가 그 정도 썰렁해질 것이 아니에요. 마이카, 마이클이랑 재밌는 얘기 많이 나누실 수 있겠어요.

여하튼 29일후에 뵙시다! 이 블로그를 읽어 주셔서 감사드립니다!

John from Daejeon said...

Good luck!

Daniel said...

Six am now. Guessing you're already on your way. Thirty or so kilometers to go! You got this!

John Mac said...

Let's roll!