Sunday, October 11, 2020

Day 14, Leg 12

Fuck, what a day. I'm tired, pissed off, and in need of a shower.  The lady working the front desk of the Havana Motel, where I am now, is a lazy, controlling bitch.*  My room is too hot because this is an old building with central heating, and the boiler has been officially turned on for the season, which means everyone gets a hot room no matter what they actually want!  The customer is always wrong.  I had to demand that the lady hand over the remote control for the A/C, and the bitch demanded in return that I not use the A/C while I sleep-- this after I clearly told her that I can't sleep when it's too hot. Initially, when I'd asked politely for the A/C's remote control, the lady whined, "Are you sure you can't just open your window?" See what I mean by "lazy"?  She could use a little baseball-bat therapy.

Anyway, I won't be coming back to the Havana if I ever come this way again. The bitch was just the icing on this shitcake of a day.  I'm too tired to talk about it all now, so sit tight, and I'll go into more detail tomorrow.  Right now, I'm contemplating checking out tomorrow morning, getting a refund for my second night, and finding a better motel.

How I feel:



*It's not paradoxical at all to be both lazy and controlling. Lazy people can often afford to be lazy because they're controlling, mainly through the use of their voice, which requires minimal effort. How do you think Jabba the Hutt got so successful?


PHOTO ESSAY:





























































































































































2 comments:

John Mac said...

Standing by...

I'm not sure I've seen you this pissed in quite a while. If the hotel was the icing, that must be some rancid cake for sure.

Daniel said...

This too shall pass. Sounds like the motel from hell. Time to get outta Dodge.